4th of July Parade Registration
Participants registering will be eligible for prizes if they register online prior to 5:00 PM on July 3rd, 2017 or by mail postmarked by June 29th, 2017, or in person at Glocester Town Clerk’s office prior to 4:00 PM on June 30th, 2017.
All registrants must pick up their entry number at the booth across from Abby’s Restaurant on Money Hill Road between 12:30 PM and 2:30 PM on July 4th, 2017. You must have a number and it must be visible to be judged.
All entries eligible for judging must prominently display their registration number on their parade entry (auto, float, cart, etc.). Any Late Registrations after the aforementioned times may march in the parade, but will be ineligible for the prizes.
All participants must sign a waiver of liability.
ALL REGISTRANTS MUST ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING RULES:
- No drugs or alcohol are permitted. Any entrant visibly impaired will be referred to the Glocester Police Department.
- Parade entrants must use common sense and decency in planning a parade entry. This is a family event, and parade organizers reserve the right to refuse an entry on any reasonable grounds.
- No entrant may throw, spray, or shoot, etc. any water, liquid, mud or other material at other entrants or spectators.
- No fireworks may be used or distributed by participants before, during, or after the parade while in the designated route areas. The use of fireworks on the parade route will not be tolerated.
- Any motorized vehicles must be operated by a licensed driver. All vehicle and operator laws apply to entrants. ATV’s and motor cross off-road dirt bikes are NOT acceptable entries into the parade.
- An entry in the section of Farm Tractors will allowed as long as all “Farm” tractors are roadworthy and safe as deemed by Parade Chair and/or Designee, as well as ONLY operated by a licensed operator of at least 18 years of age.
- Large floats are required to have a functioning fire extinguisher onboard. See Parade Float Fire Safety Requirements below.
- Entrants must keep their staging area clean. Bag and carry out what you bring in.
PARADE FLOAT FIRE SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
An information bulletin from the Chepachet Fire Department containing important information regarding float materials, safety equipment, etc.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM