PART-TIME DISPATCHER POSTED SEP 16, 2020
The Town of Glocester is now accepting applications for the position of part-time public safety dispatcher. The work shift for this position is a rotating schedule, two consecutive 4pm-12am shifts followed by 4 days off. General duties will include: answering emergency and routine phone calls, dispatching police and fire emergency services, greeting the public, operating a computer-aided dispatch system, monitor alarm systems and CCTV security systems, and operate a variety of communications equipment including radio consoles, telephones and various computer systems. Ability to successfully function and multi-task in high stress situations, as well as good computer skills, are highly desirable attributes of candidates for this position. Candidates must possess strong oral, written and communication skills. Preference will be given to prospective applicants who have prior fire service and law enforcement dispatch experience. In order to qualify for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a US Citizen at least 18 years of age.
- Submit to Nationwide criminal history check including fingerprinting.
- Be of good character as determined by a comprehensive background investigation.
- Possess a valid Rhode Island driver's license.
- Physical activity requires some light lifting, walking, bending, stooping, and sitting.
- Successfully pass on-the-job training program and dispatcher certification training within 6 months of appointment.
Application period will close at 4:00 PM on October 9, 2020. Apply online or request application packages and position descriptions at Glocester Police Station, 162 Chopmist Hill Road, Chepachet, RI.
The Town of Glocester does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. EOE.
The Town of Glocester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.