FULL-TIME POLICE/FIRE DISPATCHER POSTED APR 19, 2021
The Town of Glocester is now accepting applications for a full time police/fire dispatcher. The work shift for these positions is rotating schedules that cover 24 hours per day, seven days per week, including holidays. Applicants must be prepared to work a variety of shifts and occasional call-ins with short notice. General duties will include: answering emergency and routine phone calls, dispatching police and fire emergency services, greeting the public, and performing typing, filing, clerical, and data entry duties. Ability to successfully function and multi-task in high stress situations, as well as familiarity with computers, are highly desirable attributes of candidates for this position. Preference will be given to prospective applicants who have prior fire service and law enforcement dispatch experience.
In order to qualify for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Submit to Nationwide criminal history check including fingerprinting.
- Be of good character as determined by a comprehensive background investigation.
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development (GED) test.
- Physical activity requires some light lifting, walking, bending, stooping, and sitting.
- Successfully pass on-the-job training program and dispatcher certification training within 6 months of appointment.
Application period will close at 4:00 PM on Thursday, May 13, 2021. Application packages and position descriptions are available at Glocester Police Station, 162 Chopmist Hill Road, Chepachet, RI or by clicking on the links below.
The Town of Glocester does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. EOE.
The Town of Glocester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.